On any campus, the student union is the community center of the University, serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors. It provides services and conveniences that members of the college community need in their daily lives and creates an environment for getting to know and understand others through formal and informal associations.
Specifically, we envision that the Popp Martin Student Union will:
- Be an integral part of the educational mission of the university by complementing the academic experience through an extensive array of programs, student employment, and leadership development opportunities.
- Be a student-centered organization that values participatory decision-making.
- Provide state of the art meeting, gathering, office, community, and study space equal to or better than other excellent institutions.
- Support a diversified array of programming that reflects the needs of the campus community in order to enhance educational, cultural, and developmental social interaction.
- Provide a welcoming environment that is the center of campus life, due to its location, programming, and general accessibility to all members of the UNC Charlotte community.
- Serve as a unifying force that honors each individual and values diversity.