THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
We appreciate and welcome your interest in employment with the Popp Martin Student Union and Cone University Center. Currently over 140 students help run our facilities, programs, and services in various paid positions.
We consider the work that we do as vital to the UNC Charlotte experience. We view our role as campus community builders and we consider ourselves to be the center of student life on campus. It is expected that all of our employees model our values that create a community that fosters personal growth, values and celebrates diversity, and treats everyone with dignity and respect.
We believe that student employment with us means more than a paycheck and we have structured a student employment program to help you grow and set you up for success. Throughout your employment we will provide experiences to help you develop in specific outcome domains and competencies identified as important to your success in college and beyond. Time management, teamwork, problem solving, decision making, and communication are just some of the skills you can expect to develop while on our team.
If you want to work in a high-energy, fun environment and are committed to providing outstanding customer service, then we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit Hire-A-Niner to check for our openings and apply.
- Our applications are now only accepted via the Hire-A-Niner site.
- We are happy to answer any questions about Popp Martin Student Union (or Cone University Center) employment opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for dining service or bookstore jobs, please contact those facilities directly.
- Visit Student Employment to learn more about general University student employment opportunities such as on campus, UPIP internships, graduate assistantships, Federal Work-Study, and off campus positions.
By submitting an application, you could be considered for Employment at either the Popp Martin Student Union or the Cone University Center.
As a student employee in the Popp Martin Student Union and the Cone University Center there are a number of expectations, requirements and benefits.
- Follow the dress code
- Wear your name tag
- Greet and assist guests
- Work in a team environment with both students and professional staff
- Have a knowledge of the Popp Martin Student Union, Cone University Center and UNC Charlotte
- Be responsible for your shift to ensure you provide coverage
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UNC Charlotte
- Attend training sessions and area meetings
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (2.3 for managers)
- Be "in good standing" with the University
- Work in a team environment
- Flexible schedules (we work with your class schedule)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Semester Social/team building activities
- Professional development workshops
- Student Employee Lounge
- Shirt and name tag provided
- Volunteer/service opportunities
- Obtain transferable skills (leadership, critical thinking, organization, communication, and more)
- Work on campus
- Resume building