Thank You For Your Interest
We appreciate and welcome your interest in employment with the Student Union, Student Activities, and Cone University Center. Currently over 140 students help run our faciities, programs, and services in various paid positions. Our mission is to strive to be the active, safe, and inclusive center of campus. If you want to work in a high-energy, fun environment and are committed to providing outstanding customer service, then we want to hear from you!
How To Apply
- Visit Hire-A-Niner to check for our openings and apply.
- Our applications are now only accepted via the Hire-A-Niner site.
- We are happy to answer any questions about Popp Martin Student Union (or Cone University Center) employment opportunities at email@example.com.
- To apply for dining service or bookstore jobs, please contact those facilities directly.
- Visit Student Employment to learn more about general University student employment opportunities such as on campus, UPIP internships, graduate assistantships, Federal Work-Study, and off campus positions.
By submitting an application, you could be considered for Employment at either the Student Union or the Cone University Center.
As a student employee in the Student Union, Student Activities, and the Cone University Center there are a number of expectations, requirements and benefits.
- Follow the dress code
- Wear your name tag
- Greet and assist guests
- Work in a team environment with both students and professional staff
- Have a knowledge of the Student Union and UNC Charlotte
- Be responsible for your shift to ensure you provide coverage
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UNC Charlotte
- Attend training sessions and area meetings
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA (2.3 for managers)
- Be "in good standing" with the University
- Work in a team environment
- Flexible schedules (we work with your class schedule)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Semester Social/team building activities
- Professional development workshops
- Student Employee Lounge
- Shirt and name tag provided
- Volunteer/service opportunities
- Obtain transferable skills (leadership, critical thinking, organization, communication, and more)
- Work on campus
- Resume building