Looking for a way to get involved on campus, make friends, learn leadership and organizational skills, and make lasting memories? Student Activities is a great place to start.
Whether you choose to get involved in a student organization or start your own; plan and implement or attend a program; take advantage of a leadership program or learning community; focus on your personal identity and those of others; write, take photos, dj or act in one of the media outlets; or take leadership learning outdoors, you will find your place at UNC Charlotte through Student Activities.
Students who get involved on campus are more likely to become engaged in the community and to graduate in 4 years.* Get connected to UNC Charlotte!
Student Activities units include:
- Center for Leadership Development provides leadership knowledge and skill building through initiatives including: Emerging Leaders, Leadership Fellows, Leadership Journey Learning Community, LeaderShape, Programs in Leadership and Organizational Training (PiLOT), Noble Niner Institute, LEAD Team and the Forty-Niner Forum Speakers Series.
- Multicultural Resource Center creates an environment that celebrates and recognizes differences through initiatives such as: Activate! social justice leadership series, Heritage Month celebrations & cultural displays, Let's Talk About It and Food for Thought conversation series, Women of Color conversation series, Women Empowerment and Men of Value and Excellence, Martin Luther King, Jr. Recognition, Poverty Simulation, Queer Year 1, Safe Zone and Friendly Peer training, Engage Social Justice Institute and student advocacy.
- Student Involvement is an inclusive, vibrant community that serves as a gateway for all students to get connected to involvement opportunities across campus including: Student Organizations, Student Government Association (SGA), Campus Activities Board, Homecoming, Niners on the Weekend, and signature events such as Haunted Union, Winter Wonderland, and Study Dayz.
- Student Niner Media: From writing and reporting, graphic design, ad sales, promotions, copy editing, broadcasting, photography, videography and more, Student Media offers UNC Charlotte students a unique experience in the fast-paced world of media through: Niner Times in print and online, Radio Free Charlotte, Sanskrit Literary-Arts Magazine, and Media Marketing and Technology.
- Venture Outdoor Leadership provides personal and leadership development through experiential opportunities including adventure trips, an indoor climbing wall and challenge course/team challenge facilitation. Venture also provides academic classroom experiences though the Kinesiology Outdoor Adventure Leadership.
* Get Connected research results available